Monday, June 30, 2008

Could of been worse.


Well, today started with a trip to the DMV. As crazy as that can be, we managed to get through it rather quickly. Then off to the grocery store, again without incident. BTW- my son asked the clerk with all the facial piercings at the store.."How you do that, how you get that on you nose?" In his little sing-song voice it was pretty funny.
- So I headed to the gas station where it's $4.79 a gallon.Then started the long drive home. 
Papa called and asked for burritos for himself and the girls. I wondered why he couldn't just cook lunch, but whatever, I ran over to the taco truck, then grabbed myself a blended mocha for the drive. The baby fell asleep, we were all happy.
Then the car started choking, as if all the smoke was making him sick too. And then nothing. So I called AAA, but we don't all fit in their rig! They towed the car and the Mechanic's son came and got us. (Thanks L-!) So we walked around for a few hours until my wonderful mechanic fixed my car ( new fuel pump) and I finally made it home. 
Exhausted and near tears, I dreadfully pulled up to my home (you never know the state of things when you've been gone all day), where I was greeted with a bouquet of daisy's, and discovered that my husband had painted (finally) the kitchen!!!!! And that was part of the reason he couldn't make lunch. 


And.... I LOVE THE COLOR!!


Of course I had picked out the color weeks earlier, but you just never know till you see it.

So the end of the story is...
The burritos I had bought for lunch became dinner, and now everyone's
asleep. Ahhhh........

No comments: